CX Trends in Europe 2021 (8): AI remains an underutilised tool
Zendesk’s 2021 Customer Experience Trends Report looked at data from more than 90,000 companies across 175 countries on the Zendesk platform, including 29,000 businesses in Europe and the UK. In our series 'CX Trends in Europe" we look at the most interesting findings for our audiences in Europe and the UK.
Published May 5, 2021
Last updated May 21, 2021
43 percent of companies in Europe feel digital transformation has accelerated by one to three years due to the pandemic. Another 21 percent even feel that the introduction of new technologies has accelerated by four to seven years due to the pandemic.
Nevertheless, AI remains an underutilised tool, despite adoption boost among larger firms. Particularly astonishing is the finding that in 2021 only 16% of teams in UK firms used AI for customer service. The Netherlands are leading the field in Europe with 60%, with France in second place with 52%.
OTHER SELECTED CHARTS IN OUR SERIES OVER THE NEXT WEEKS
- (1): Messaging gets a boost
- (2): Digital interactions in Europe and the UK surge to all-time high
- (3): High-performing companies are more likely to have adopted omnichannel support
- (4): In uncertain times, agility is key
- (5): When it comes to adding tech, it’s adapt or get left behind
- (6): Teams look to adapt quickly and work smarter
- (7): Companies take to flexible work
- (8): AI remains an underutilised tool
- (9): Most companies don’t have access to the most common types of customer data
- (10): High performing support teams boost efficiency by using more workflow management tools