CX Trends in Europe 2021 (5): When it comes to adding tech, it’s adapt or get left behind
Zendesk’s 2021 Customer Experience Trends Report looked at data from more than 90,000 companies across 175 countries on the Zendesk platform, including 29,000 businesses in Europe and the UK. In our series 'CX Trends in Europe" we look at the most interesting findings for our audiences in Europe and the UK.
Published April 7, 2021
Last updated May 21, 2021
Most companies in Europe and the UK plan to ramp up adoption of digital tech. We asked how the recent COVID-19 crisis has impacted a company’s attitudes toward investment in the following initiatives:
- In Europe and the UK 46% of companies saying digital adoption has accelerated by 1-3 years, 25% say it’s accelerated by 4-7 years
- Leaders expect bigger budgets for CX and Internal Help Desks (IHD)
- Big bets companies are prioritizing are omnichannel service (70% high or increasing investment), tech that’s agile or easily adjusted (67%), improving IT security and collaboration tools (67%).
Fig. 1. How has the recent COVID-19 crisis impacted your company’s attitudes towards investment in the following initiatives (% of surveyed technology decision makers)?
OTHER SELECTED CHARTS IN OUR SERIES OVER THE NEXT WEEKS
- (1): Messaging gets a boost
- (2): Digital interactions in Europe and the UK surge to all-time high
- (3): High-performing companies are more likely to have adopted omnichannel support
- (4): In uncertain times, agility is key
- (5): When it comes to adding tech, it’s adapt or get left behind
- (6): Teams look to adapt quickly and work smarter
- (7): Companies take to flexible work
- (8): AI remains an underutilised tool
- (9): Most companies don’t have access to the most common types of customer data
- (10): High performing support teams boost efficiency by using more workflow management tools