CX Trends in Europe 2021 (7): Companies take to flexible work
Zendesk’s 2021 Customer Experience Trends Report looked at data from more than 90,000 companies across 175 countries on the Zendesk platform, including 29,000 businesses in Europe and the UK. In our series 'CX Trends in Europe" we look at the most interesting findings for our audiences in Europe and the UK.
Published April 28, 2021
Last updated April 30, 2021
Workplaces have undergone rapid changes during the pandemic, with more teams taking on new tools and processes and moving toward flexible work. What are the trends across Europe and how do countries differ?
- Most are looking to invest in new ways to engage employees (59% in Europe and the UK combined)
- Half of the teams have gone remote
- Many still don’t have the right tools to succeed remotely. For the UK 49% of surveyed managers say they don’t have adequate tools to measure success for remote teams .
Whereas around 50% of agents in most European countries say they don't have the right tools to work successfully from home, there are some notable exceptions: Benelux reports only 29% while in the Nordics 72% say so.
Fig. 1. Percentage of managers that don’t have adequate tools to measure success for remote teams and percentage of agents that don’t have the right tools to work successfully from home.
OTHER SELECTED CHARTS IN OUR SERIES OVER THE NEXT WEEKS
- (1): Messaging gets a boost
- (2): Digital interactions in Europe and the UK surge to all-time high
- (3): High-performing companies are more likely to have adopted omnichannel support
- (4): In uncertain times, agility is key
- (5): When it comes to adding tech, it’s adapt or get left behind
- (6): Teams look to adapt quickly and work smarter
- (7): Companies take to flexible work
- (8): AI remains an underutilised tool
- (9): Most companies don’t have access to the most common types of customer data
- (10): High performing support teams boost efficiency by using more workflow management tools