CX Trends in Europe 2021 (2): Digital interactions in Europe and the UK surge to an all-time high
Zendesk’s 2021 Customer Experience Trends Report looked at data from more than 90,000 companies across 175 countries on the Zendesk platform, including 29,000 businesses in Europe and the UK. In our series 'CX Trends in Europe" we look at the most interesting findings for our audiences in Europe and the UK.
Published February 26, 2021
Last updated March 24, 2021
Customers have new expectations shaped by interactions with sectors that have grown fastest since COVID. Around 70% of customers are willing to spend more for good customer service in the majority of countries in Europe. 68% in Europe want to buy from companies that offer quick and easy online transactions and 57% a better customer experience. A notable exception is Germany where only 44% are willing to spend more for a better online experience.
Fig 1. YOY growth of online companies in 2020 in Europe & UK
The good news is: Investing in CX is an opportunity to grow: 57% of customers in EMEA (75% globally) will spend more to buy from a company that offers good CX
Fig. 2. Percentage of customers in EMEA that will spend more for a better online experience and percentage that will spend more for good customer service
OTHER SELECTED CHARTS IN OUR SERIES IN THE COMING WEEKS
- CX Trends in Europe (1): Messaging gets a boost
- (1): Digital interactions in Europe and the UK surge to an all-time high
- (2): Digital interactions in Europe and the UK surge to an all-time high
- (3): High-performing companies are more likely to have adopted omnichannel support
- (4): In uncertain times, agility is key
- (5): When it comes to adding tech, it’s adapt or get left behind