Keeping up with customers’ expectations is vital to your business – and this means nimble support operations. Does your support software allow your team to add new channels easily? Or enable your agents to switch easily between channels, keeping customer context? If not, it might be time to consider a change.
Here are four ways in which Zendesk can help you deliver the best customer service (and make your life easier).
1. Zendesk is easy to set up and customise
Zendesk can be set up quickly. It takes days – not months – to get up and running. What’s more, it works out of the box (meaning that you can do it yourself without the help of costly developers). This saves you time and money, and lets your agents focus on creating great CX instead of spending a lot of time training.
Stanley Black and Decker implemented a full omni-channel solution in only three weeks.
The Stanley Black and Decker teams handle an average of 10,000 tickets every month, so speed of implementation was vital. Within three weeks of signing off on a suite of Zendesk products, the globally distributed Stanley Black and Decker support teams were up and running on all channels after only a single day of training.
2. You’re not alone: our experts are here to help
If you’re thinking about switching to a new support solution, you’re probably wondering how you’ll get it started. Zendesk can help you make the transition more easily and quickly, whether you’re new to CX software or a seasoned pro. Here are a few examples of how we can work together:
- Community support: If you want to set up on your own, we make it easy to find helpful resources and connect with other companies.
- The Help Centre – our knowledge base and community – is free and accessible to every customer.
- The knowledge centre is a library of product documentation, best practices, advice and troubleshooting tips. With our community, you can discover new workflows and customisation, as well as get advice on setting up, directly from our team of community moderators.
- Live training: Need a little more help? We’ll work with you to save you time on working out how to get started. You can get focused one-to-one live training from Zendesk experts via Expert Help on everything from rolling out new features to learning how to do things in the app.
- Professional services: If your requirements are more complex, our professional services team can make the switch for you. Our team can help you migrate from existing tools, connect external systems, build custom apps or set up complex workflows. This means less worrying and fiddling with the tool, and getting up and running faster.
When Vimeo outgrew its old support software, our team helped them make a seamless transition.
‘We’ve been super impressed with Customer Success at Zendesk. The team is incredible and plays a significant role in helping Vimeo Support to grow with the business. They steer us in the right direction and make us consider actions that might benefit us, while serving as internal advocates.’ – Suri Ratnatunga, Senior Director of Community and Support, Vimeo
3. Zendesk creates better agent experiences (and better CX)
With other solutions, agents have to toggle between different interfaces for omni-channel service, which is frustrating and inefficient. Zendesk gives agents a unified customer view with ticket fields, macros, sidebar apps and more. We bring it all together in one customer profile, with a history of communications across all channels.
This puts all the information your agents need under a single pane of glass, making it easier to create great customer experiences. And, instead of searching for the data across different tools and applications, agents have it when they need it – allowing them to respond faster to customers and resolve problems more quickly.
Showpo switched to Zendesk because Freshdesk’s multiple interfaces were frustrating.
‘When we were on Freshdesk, an agent would have eight, nine, 10 different tabs open – DHL, Australia Post, Magento, all these different tabs,’ Waddy said. ‘Our goal is to integrate these into Zendesk.’ – Paul Waddy, Head of Operations
4. Zendesk gives you quick time to value
When change is the only constant, you can’t afford to spend loads of time and money implementing bulky, complicated systems. Zendesk delivers a lower cost of ownership because it’s easy to set up, easy to customise and easy to administer. Many companies find that Zendesk pays for itself in as little as three months. Here are the top three reasons why:
- Quick and easy setup: With Zendesk, it takes days or weeks, not months or years, to get up and running. And because of our intuitive agent workspace, your team can onboard on Zendesk in just a few hours.
- Easy customisation: Between our 1,000+ out-of-the box integrations and powerful APIs, most customers are able to extend and customise Zendesk to their own unique requirements. What’s more, they can usually customise without the support of expensive outside consultants. This saves time and money.
- Easy administration: Our admin needs are minimal, unlike legacy platforms that need teams of expensive, dedicated admins and developers. This helps you respond quickly to changing requirements and customers’ expectations. So you spend less time and resources on administrative tasks and more time with your customers.
- 612% ROI projected over five years with a 3.4-month payback
- A 10% increase in agent productivity
- 31% more tickets handled with the same number of agents
- $822,000 per year in savings as a result of an increase in productivity
- $565,000 per year in additional savings for eliminating the need to hire seven additional people
- A CSAT score of 99
- Three months to deploy and migrate (70,000 support tickets and 10 years worth of data/legacy articles)
After Verimatrix switched to Zendesk, they saw a quick return on investment:
Source: IDC Verimatrix Uses Zendesk Support to Optimise
Their Customer Service Operations
Zendesk was built for agility
Zendesk is an open and flexible platform purposefully built for scale and to drive the most business impact. With the right expertise, capability depth and value, Zendesk can empower you to deliver great service that drives customer loyalty and satisfaction, while giving you the tools to set your agents up for success and control to run your unique business successfully at the best ROI.