Prepare to Answer the Call: Inbound Call Center
What is an inbound call center?
An inbound call center is a contact center companies use to take large volumes of phone calls from customers who are seeking technical support, answers to questions, issue resolution, or any other customer service issues. The calls are answered by customer service agents or call agents, unlike outbound call centers which predominantly focus on making calls to the customer.
With Zendesk Voice, agents can provide phone support from the same platform they use to manage all other channels, creating one centralized support system.
A different approach
- Average call duration: the average duration of each call.
- First call resolution: the number of calls resolved without the need for further calls or call escalation.
- Customer satisfaction: was the customer satisfied with the interaction?
- Time in queue: how long was the customer on hold before being able to speak to an agent?
- Be a good listener. If the customer becomes annoyed or frustrated, they might have trouble hearing your answer—even if it’s correct. Listen first, let them calm down, and then try to help them. Also, don’t turn the call into a sales call unless it seems appropriate.
- Acknowledge. Customers want to know they are being heard, so make sure they know that you understand why they’ve called you.
- Give them options.With an IVR (interactive voice response system), allow customers to choose to listen to FAQs or opt to leave a voicemail instead of waiting in the queue.
The right fit for your business
How Zendesk helps
Zendesk Voice is call center software that uses voice over internet technology (VOIP) and seamlessly integrates with Zendesk. Since it’s cloud software, setup only takes a few minutes and doesn’t require the help of technicians. Plus, it’s easy to use, so you can ramp up your agents quickly.
More importantly, integrating phone support lets agents expand the solutions they have at their disposal to engage in personal and efficient conversations with customers. With Zendesk Voice, agents can provide phone support from the same platform they use to manage all other channels, creating one centralized support system.
We have more to say about this. Take a look below.
Learn more about how to provide your customer with great phone support.