The Zendesk Chat for Magento app works to unite your business with a dynamic two-way integration between Zendesk Chat data and Magento e-commerce data.
Improve customer satisfaction with better conversations
- Manage all your customer interactions in one place, whether you have one Magento site or several—driving efficiencies within your Chat team.
- Get more visibility on relevant customer data from Magento, such as billing, shipping, and order info on Zendesk Chat interactions.
- Add Zendesk Chat communication channels to any Magento-powered site so your customers can get in touch with your Support team wherever they are.
Sync your teams for faster resolutions and higher revenue
- Stay up-to-date on the account and the customer with a single view of support information next to critical sales statistics, customer profiles, and sales orders.
- Map multiple storefronts to Brands in Zendesk.
The first step in the process of getting Magento 2 communicating with Zendesk is to install and configure the Zendesk extension for Magento 2. This extension provides functionality inside Magento 2 and also provides configuration settings for the Magento App to access customer information.
- Magento Open Source 2.1-2.3
- Magento Commerce 2.1-2.3
Install the extension
The Zendesk is available in the Magento Marketplace here. Click Install to add the extension to your Magento 2 instance. Once installed, you will want to flush the Magento 2 cache. To do this, perform the following:
- Log in to Magento admin.
- Navigate to System > Cache Management.
- Click Flush Magento Cache.
Link your Magento store to your Zendesk
Now that you've got the Zendesk extension installed, you'll need to fill out some configuration settings to link it to Zendesk.
Configure the extension
If you already have a Zendesk account, you can manually configure the Magento extension by following the instructions below. If you don't already have a Zendesk account, click on the Get Started button to sign up for a free trial.
Provide general details
The first configuration to complete is the general details. This will allow Magento to communicate with Zendesk.
- Navigate to the Zendesk configuration page by clicking on the Zendesk icon in the left hand navication bar.
- Enter your Zendesk subdomain (e.g. subdomain.zendesk.com).
- Enter an agent email address and token. A token is required because it is a more secure way of authenticating rather than storing the agent's password in Magento. To generate a token, simply log in to Zendesk and then navigate to Manage > Channels > API > Token. Copy the token and paste it into the Agent Token field.
- Click on the Test Connection button to verify that the connection to Zendesk is working. If successful, the button should change text and display Successful! Test Again?. If the test is not successful, please verify you have entered the previous information correctly.
Install the Zendesk App
Simply click on the Install button and fill out the following fields:
- Magento Base URL: The URL for your Magento 2 storefront, ie https://mystorefront.com
- API Token/Access token: You'll need to generate a new access token for your Magento 2 storefront. You can find steps to do so here.
Configure the App Settings
Now that the app is installed, you have a few different configuration options available to you to complete the set up process.
Zendesk App Settings
This section is used to configure what fields from your Magento 2 account you want displayed in the Zendesk Support ticket sidebar app. The system defaults certain fields for display. If you wish to change any of the values, uncheck the Use system value box and select whether or not you'd like the corresponding fields from Magento displayed in the app.
By default, the extension will add the Zendesk Web Widget to your Magento 2 storefront so your customers can easily contact your support team. For additional information on configuring, please review the Web Widget article here. If you do not wish for the Web Widget to be enabled on your storefront, simply change the drop down value to No and save your configuration for the changes to be applied.
With the updated Magento 2 extension, if you are on Zendesk's Enterprise plan and utilize the Multiple Brands feature, you now have the ability to map each of your brands to your individual store fronts. Select which brand to associate to your different store fronts and the app will only display order details from the appropriate store front.
Once you have reviewed each section, simply click on the orange Save Config button in the upper right to save your settings.
The set up of the Magento 2 integration is now complete!