We know that customer engagement is at the forefront of conversation in the customer service space, and in 2015 industry leaders will continue to be challenged to innovate and engage customers across all support channels. In fact, today’s contact centers are tomorrow’s engagement centers.
A recent report by Gartner states, "No rallying principle in the enterprise matters more than the creation of superior customer engagement. IT leaders will need to innovate in engaging customers on all channels and have the metrics to choose the right projects."
Yet how can leaders in customer service continue to innovate, or choose the right projects?
Access your complimentary copy of the Gartner Predicts 2015: Weak Mobile Customer Service Is Harming Customer Engagement report to read Gartner's analysis and recommendations, based on the following strategic planning assumptions:
- "By 2018, 5% of customer service cases will be initiated by Internet-connected devices, up from 0.02% in 2014."
- "Over 100 of the 500 largest global businesses will introduce video-based chat by 2018 for customer-facing interactions."
- "By 2017, one-third of all customer service interactions will still require the support of a human intermediary."
- "By 2018, 75% of social-only customer service agents will be blended into the customer service agent pool."
- "By 2018, 50% of agent interactions will be influenced by real-time analytics."
The full report is no longer available for complimentary download. Read more about this and other Gartner research on the Gartner website.
Gartner Predicts 2015: Weak Mobile Customer Service is Harming Customer Engagement, M. Maoz, J. Davies, J. Sussin, O. Huang, B. Manusama, and S. Slaymaker, 11 November 2014.
2014 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.