If one of your employees dresses up like Lady Gaga today, one of this year’s most popular costumes, take a hard, close look at he or she (without creeping them out). According to Kevin Eikenberry, who authors the blog Leadership & Learning, there are several leadership lessons to be gleaned from the superstar who is never afraid to wear a metal bodice or a mesh face mask.
- She is highly creative.
- She doesnt seem to care too much about criticism she follows her plan.
- She seems to be driven by her goals.
- She is highly successful in her chosen field.
- She a very successful marketer.
- (feel free to add to this list)
Here are his tips for finding leadership lessons in any costume you come across today.
- Notice a Halloween costume (whether what you are wearing or someone else)
- Think about the attributes of that character.
- Translate the attributes to leadership lessons ask yourself what leadership lesson can be gleaned from that character?
- Spend time thinking about that stretching your mind if it seems difficult.
- Determine how you can apply that lesson for yourself.
- If you are doing this more formally, write your thoughts and lessons in your learning journal
- Repeat for as many costumes/characters as youd like!