Empowering software teams everywhere
SpiraPlan provides a powerful and elegant platform for developers, testers, project managers, and end users to collaborate, and create.
With easy to use logging, tracking, and reporting tools, SpiraPlan is the perfect tool to manage every aspect of application delivery. Combining issue tracking, testing, and product management in a single platform.
Integrating SpiraPlan with Zendesk is a straightforward way to help customers faster and smarter. This application lets Zendesk agents:
- log a bug from a ticket directly into SpiraPlan
- assign the bug to one of the development team
- see and review any SpiraPlan bug already linked to existing Zendesk tickets
- never leave the familiar Zendesk interface.
SpiraPlan's Zendesk app focuses agents on the essential information - required fields are grouped together, but optional fields are just a click away. Any attachments stored with the ticket will also be sent to SpiraPlan as links, so developers can see exactly what the agents see.
For more information visit: SpiraPlan's website
To get Zendesk and SpiraPlan talking together, you need to install this application from the Zendesk Marketplace. Zendesk needs a few pieces of information about your SpiraPlan setup and vice versa. After that, opening a ticket in Zendesk will automaticlaly link the two applications.
For more detailed installation information and usage guidelines please refer to our Help Desk Integration Guide. Below is a quick run through of the required steps.
Quick Installation Checklist
- Use SpiraPlan, SpiraTest, or SpiraPlan version 5+ and Zendesk
- If SpiraPlan is self-hosted, make sure it can be accessed from outside of your intranet
- Have administrator access to both SpiraPlan and Zendesk for the initial installation
- Create a new administrator in SpiraPlan (called something like "Zendesk")
- Turn on the RSS Token for the new administrator in SpiraPlan (this is also used as the API-key)
- Enter your Zendesk domain in SpiraPlan (Administration > System > Security Settings > Allowed Domains)
- Install the SpiraPlan app from the Zendesk marketplace
Configure the SpiraPlan app in Zendesk:
- subdomain: your publicly accessible SpiraPlan url
- username: the name of the new SpiraPlan user you created
- api-key: the rss token of the new SpiraPlan administrator account
Go to a Zendesk ticket page and open the apps pane to get Zendesk to link itself to SpiraPlan
Enable Zendesk in each relevant SpiraPlan project