In one click, anyone can transform an Outlook email into a new Zendesk ticket that goes right to the customer support team.
The business user stays in Outlook and the customer support agent in Zendesk. Everyone gets more done and customers get what they want.
To install the Zendesk add-in
- Open Office 365, and click on the Admin panel.
- In the left sidebar menu, select Admin and click Exchange.
- In the Organization section, click on add-ins.
- Click on the plus symbol and select Add from the Office Store.
- Click on Zendesk to select the add-in, then click Add.
- Return to the add-in list and double-click Zendesk Add-in.
To configure the Zendesk add-in
- Open Outlook and select an email.
- Click the Zendesk add-in.
- Make sure the following options are selected:
- Make this add-in available to users in your organization
- Mandatory, always enabled. Users can't disable this add-in
- Go to your Outlook desktop application and click the Zendesk button on the upper-right part of the screen.
- Click Create Ticket.
To set up the integration
- Select an email that you would like to convert to a ticket
- Click the Zendesk icon to open the add-in
- Click the Create Ticket Button.
- An error message will appear saying that the add-in has not been setup yet.
- Click the Set Up Now link displayed in the error message and you will be redirected to the integration setup page.
- Enter your subdomain, then click Authorize.
- Complete the setup and return to Outlook
- Close the add-in and reopen it again
- Click the Create Ticket Button. You should see that a ticket is successfully created in