- Solve tickets faster by collaborating with other agents
- Easily start a hangout from within Zendesk Support
- Link a ticket to a live Google Hangouts conversation
Sometimes a face-to-face conversation is the quickest way to solve a problem, so we’ve made it easy for your support team to start conversations among themselves using Google Hangouts.
If you’re already using Google Apps for Business, you’re probably a heavy user of Google Hangouts. Sometimes your agents want to initiate a live conversation together, discuss a specific ticket or issue, and come up with a resolution plan together as a team.
Zendesk Support integrated with Google Hangouts to make that easier for you. In a single click on the right side of your tickets, you can initiate a hangout and choose from a list of your agents.
To install the Google Hangouts app:
- Sign in to your Zendesk Support account, then click the Admin icon in the sidebar.
- Select Apps > Marketplace, then find the Google Hangouts app and click the tile.
- On the Google Hangouts app page, click Install app in the upper-right corner.
- Enter a name for the app, then click Install.