The Clone Ticket app allows admins and agents to clone a ticket multiple times in batches. With this app, you'll be able to select a specific ticket and clone as many copies as your administrator defines. The app maintains all ticket metadata and allows configuration of the tickets to be modified at the time of replication. It inserts an internal comment in the cloned ticket indicating it’s a clone. Cloned tickets are also effective for onboarding new agents by enabling them to practice solving issues before helping customers.
- Clone tickets in batches with a single click
- Original ticket information is preserved, such as contact details, status, and type
- Limit the number of clones, set by the admin
- Manage access by roles and groups
Install the Clone Tickets app and then set up the user settings in the app. By default, the Clone Tickets app is restricted to the Administrator role. Administrators can modify the settings to allow access to the appropriate groups and roles that need access to clone tickets.
To get started:
- Install the app
- Enter a name for the app, such as "Clone Ticket App"
- Set the value for "Creation Limit," which is the maximum number of clones that can be created with any given use of the app
- Pull up a ticket that you want cloned
- Under Settings, click "Clone ticket" and enter the number of tickets you want created in the sidebar. For confirmation, you'll be asked to type in the same number again
- Cloned tickets will be generated. Note that only the description (the first comment on ticket) will be cloned. No other comments in the ticket will be cloned.