Service desks are judged on experience. Long wait times for requesters while Zendesk assignees scramble around looking for tickets are a problem. Dropped calls or calls with poor quality are an even larger problem. Fatigue from manually dialing or looking up contact information make things harder. 8x8 helps Zendesk users by integrating 8x8 Virtual Office into Zendesk to allow click to dial, caller identification, and other features to boost communication and expedite ticket resolution. 8x8 is a 6-time Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader known for our Unified Communications as a Service product globally. This service is only available to agents with “Talk - Partner Edition” seats (see zendesk.com/talk/pricing ).
Key features include:
- Manage conversations from an 8x8 Virtual Office Communication Panel embedded within the Zendesk console.
- Do click-to- call instead of manually dialing, while still using a deskphone or the 8x8 Mobile App if you wish.
- Receive caller identification before answering a caller, including an alert if a number matches multiple contacts
- Reduce wait time spent on looking up record tickets through screen-pop of the contact’s ticket(s).
- Create a new contact from unknown callers within the Communication Panel.
- Manage a shared contact directory pulling from Zendesk and/or Virtual Office
- Review recent call history and ‘unworked’ calls that have not been logged.
- Customize your settings, like choosing when to do screen pop, etc.
- Record calls on demand.
- Log conversations using 5 standard Zendesk fields and create Zendesk tickets.
- Use other non-integrated 8x8 features of Virtual Office such as Virtual Meeting, Virtual Room, etc.
- Locate the 8x8 Virtual Office application in the Zendesk Apps Marketplace and click install
- Click on the Install app button, give the app a title, and click install
- Once installed, the 8x8 Virtual Office app will appear in the upper right corner of the Zendesk interface. Click on it to expand, enter your 8x8 Virtual Office credentials and away you go!
For full installation details, refer to Virtual Office Configuration Guide
To convert voicemails into Zendesk tickets, 8x8 Virtual Office users need forward their voicemail email notification to their company's Zendesk support email address. To set this up:
- Go to My Services in the 8x8 VO console
- Under your voicemail settings enter the appropriate Zendesk support email address